A CHRISTMAS DEVOTIONAL
The Arrival | Ascension | My Response
Sunday, December 25, 2016
Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” 45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”
50 When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51 While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52 Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53 And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.
- Jesus fulfilled prophecy of the Scriptures, thus fulfilling the purpose of His Father God. (v.44, 49)
- Jesus forgives our sins, calls us to repentance and to be witnesses by the Holy Spirit’s power. (v49)
- Jesus blessed His disciples and ascends to heaven.
- The disciple’s responds with worship and joy.
- What other observations do you see in this passage?
- Discuss how God is speaking personally to you through this Scripture.
- What do you feel God is calling you to do in response to this reading?
- Are there any changes you can make prioritize your worship or devotion to Jesus?
Spend some time thanking God, worshiping, asking for forgiveness. Pray for those you desire for God to touch and draw into relationship with Him.